Parse.ly is a paid content analytics plugin that gives creators, marketers, and developers the tools to understand content performance and prove content value.
The Parse.ly plugin is already integrated on all WordPress VIP sites via a lightweight platform plugin called wp-parsely. This plugin appears in the “Must-Use Plugins” list, alongside other core WordPress VIP functionality in the WordPress Admin (wp-admin).
The wp-parsely plugin is automatically
- Including metadata in one of Parse.ly’s recognized formats on all pages of the site.
The Parse.ly dashboard, where the collected data for a site is visualized, is accessible with a paid plan. VIP customers can reach out to their Relationship Manager to find out more, or by completing a Get Demo request.
Included with the Content Performance Plan
- 30+ audience-centric metrics, such as page views, engaged time, new and returning visitors, social shares and referrals, search referrals, and more
- Real-time analytics
- Author, section, and tag performance
- Track campaign (UTM) data
- 13-months of historical data
- Real-time alerts about content performance
- Emailed reports
- Automatic topic tagging of your content
Additional features available with upgrades to other plans
- Collect video/audio data from embedded players
- Track conversions
- Ability to customize data collection (e.g., audience segmentation and custom metadata)
- Collect data from other platforms (e.g., Facebook Instant, Google AMP, or SmartNews)
- Parse.ly API
- Parse.ly Data Pipeline
Testing and troubleshooting
- The Validator tool can be used to verify that the plugin settings for the site are correct and the Parse.ly tracker is tracking page data.
- Google Chrome’s developer tools can be used to confirm that a site is sending pageviews and/or videostarts.
- A site must be publicly available for the plugin to work. Sites under restricted access are incompatible.
- Parse.ly can only collect data from publicly accessible URLs. Password-protected pages, or pages blocked from crawler user agents, are incompatible.
- Additional integration issues can be diagnosed with Parse.ly’s troubleshooting guide.