A Destination is a webhook URL for Slack, Google Chat, or Microsoft Teams, a general-purpose webhook URL, or an email address.
Destinations are managed in the organization view of the VIP Dashboard. Once created, a Destination is available to be configured as a recipient for Notifications for an organization or Notifications for one of the organization’s applications.
An updated format (v1) for the request body of webhook URLs was released on 2 February 2024. Destinations for webhook URLs that display a “Legacy” label were configured prior to that date and will send requests with the legacy request body (v0) until they are updated to v1.
Any remaining Destinations using the v0 legacy format will be automatically updated to v1 on 2 May 2024.
- To view the name and type of Destinations that are configured for an organization, a user must have at minimum either an Org member role or an App write role for one of the organization’s applications.
- To add a new Destination for an application’s Notifications a user must have at minimum an Org member role or an App write role for that application.
- To add, edit, or remove configurations for an organization’s Destinations a user must have at minimum an Org member role.
To access the Destinations panel in the VIP Dashboard:
- Navigate to the organization view of the VIP Dashboard.
- Select “Notifications” from the lefthand navigation menu.
- Select the button labeled “Manage Destinations” located in the upper right of the Notifications panel.
Add a Destination
- Select the button labeled “+ Add Destination” located in the upper right of the Destinations panel.
- Complete the fields in the form titled “Add Destination”. Emoji and multibyte characters are not supported in these fields.
- Add an email address, a Slack webhook URL, or a general-purpose webhook URL for the Destination.
- Add a Destination Name for this configuration.
- Optionally add a Destination Description for this configuration.
- Select the button labeled “Add Destination” below the form.
- In the “Send Test Message” modal, select the button labeled “Send Test” in order to trigger a test notification to be sent to the configured Destination.
Edit a Destination
- Select the “Edit” link located to the right of a listed Destination.
- In the form titled “Edit Destination”, modify the field values as needed.
- Select the button labeled “Update Destination” below the form to save the changes.
Remove a Destination
Use caution when removing a configured Destination. Removing a Destination that is currently assigned as a recipient to a configured Notification will cause the Notification to be deleted as well.
- Select the “Remove” link located to the right of a listed Destination.
- In the “Remove Destination” modal, select the button labeled “Remove Destination” to confirm the removal of the configured destination from all organization settings.
Last updated: February 09, 2024