The application view in the VIP Dashboard provides access to more information about the environments that belong to an application and manage their settings.
A user’s ability to access and interact with areas of the application view are dependent on the Org role or the App role that was assigned to them for that application.
Only a user with an Org admin role in that organization can provide access to the VIP Dashboard for other users and assign user roles.
The default Overview panel of the VIP Dashboard provides a snapshot summary of activity related to the environments of an application.
The Network Sites panel is only available for WordPress multisite applications. The panel provides a list of all existing sites on a WordPress multisite network, related information for each site, and the ability to launch a network site.
Domains & TLS
Select “Domains & TLS” from the navigation menu to access the Domains & TLS panel where a user can:
- Add a domain.
- Verify a domain.
- Retrieve the settings needed to point a domain’s DNS to VIP.
- Check the status of DNS for an added domain.
- Install a Let’s Encrypt TLS certificate.
- Install a custom TLS certificate.
Select “Logs” from the navigation menu to access:
- Audit Log: Provides visibility into all management actions that occur across the environments of an application.
- Runtime Logs: Runtime Logs provides an aggregated, near real-time view into recent Application Logs from web containers (i.e. log entries generated by HTTP requests) for both WordPress and Node.js environments. For WordPress environments, Batch Logs from batch containers (i.e. log entries generated by cron tasks or WP-CLI commands) are available.
- Slow Query Logs: Displays up to 40 of the most recent slow queries that have occurred on an environment.
- WP-CLI Commands: Displays a log of all WP-CLI commands that were run on an environment using the VIP-CLI
- HTTP request Log Shipping: Enable HTTP request log shipping for an environment to an assigned AWS S3 bucket.
Select “Performance” from the navigation menu to access:
- Insights & Metrics: Provides insights into the performance, health, and usage of an application.
- Monitor: Displays an application’s HTTP response status code data from the most recent 24 hours in chart or table format.
- Purge Page Cache: Purge one or more resource URLs for a WordPress or Node.js environment.
- New Relic: Enable or disable New Relic for an environment and add or remove user access for the application’s New Relic dashboard.
Select “Code” from the navigation menu to access:
- Deployments: Provides a log of GitHub deployments made to a WordPress or Node.js environment and the ability to roll back an environment to a previous deployment.
- Plugins: A list of an environment’s plugins, available version updates, and security vulnerabilities reported by Codebase Manager.
- Software Versions: Manage the versions of software that are deployed to a WordPress or a Node.js environment.
- Repository: Update the branch of an application’s wpcomvip Github repository that deploys to an environment
Select “Database” from the navigation menu to access:
- Data sync: Sync database content from a WordPress production environment to a non-production environment.
- Database Backups: Download SQL Database Backups on Demand.
- Database Backup Shipping: Enable scheduled database backups to ship at regular intervals to an assigned AWS S3 bucket.
Media Backups: Download media files associated with a WordPress environment.
Access & Routing
Select “Access & Routing” from the navigation menu to access:
- Basic Authentication: Restrict site access by presenting all users with a username and password “pop up” prompt in a browser.
- IP Allow List: Restrict access to individual environments of an application by specifying a list of IP addresses—or ranges of IP addresses (aka subnets).
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS): Enable HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) for an environment.
- Notifications: Create and manage Notifications for events that occur on an an application’s environments.
Last updated: February 27, 2024