Once New Relic has been enabled for the production environment of an application, users can be granted access to the New Relic dashboard.
- There is no limit to the number of users that can be added to the New Relic dashboard for an application.
- Any user with any email address domain can be granted access to the New Relic dashboard. Access is not limited to users who have access to an organization’s VIP Dashboard.
- New Relic is enabled for an application’s production environment.
- To manage user access for an application’s New Relic dashboards, a user must have an Org admin role for that application.
To access the New Relic panel:
- Navigate to the VIP Dashboard for an application.
- Select an environment from the environment dropdown located at the upper left of the VIP Dashboard.
- Select “Performance” from the sidebar navigation at the left of the screen.
- Select “New Relic” from the navigation submenu.
Add a user
Within the New Relic panel of the VIP Dashboard for the application’s production environment:
- Select the button labeled “Invite New User” located in the upper right of the panel.
- Enter values for the fields in the “Invite New Relic User” screen. Values for the “First Name” and “Last Name” fields are optional. A valid value for “Email Address” is required.
- Select the button labeled “Send Invite“.
An automated email from New Relic will be sent to the user at the submitted email address with instructions for creating a password and logging in.
Once added, a user has access to all existing New Relic dashboards for all environments belonging to an organization’s applications.
Remove a user
In the lower area of the New Relic panel of the VIP Dashboard for the application’s environment:
- Locate the user within the list of “New Relic Users”.
- Select the “Remove” link located to the right of the user in the column labeled “Manage“.
- In the modal titled “Confirm New Relic access removal?” select the button labeled “Confirm“.
Removing a user from the list of “New Relic Users” will remove their access from all New Relic dashboards for the application’s environments.
Once removed, a user will no longer have access to any New Relic dashboards for environments belonging to an organization’s applications.
Last updated: February 05, 2024