Professional Service Upgrade
Customers who add WordPress VIP Launch Day Services to their support package will have a Technical Account Manager (TAM) assigned to them to ensure a smooth launch for their site on the VIP Platform. VIP TAMs will draft and confirm a launch plan for the site, guide customers through the necessary steps leading up to and including the site launch, and advise customers on any last-minute issues that may arise.
- Navigate to the VIP Dashboard for an application.
- Select the production environment from the dropdown located at the upper left of the VIP Dashboard application view.
- Select the button labeled “Launch your site” in the upper left of the VIP Dashboard panel.
Launch a site in the VIP Dashboard
Complete the steps to self-launch a site in the VIP Dashboard panel titled “Launch your site”:
- Add your domain to production: In this first step within the “Launch your site” panel, at least one custom domain should be listed as available. If the necessary custom domain for the launch appears as expected, select the button labeled “Next“. If the expected domain is not listed, return to the prepare for launch steps and complete the steps to add the necessary custom domain.
- Set your primary domain: Select the custom domain that will become the primary domain for this site launch. Select the button labeled “Make Primary” to begin a
search-replaceoperation on the database. This will replace all instances of the convenience domain with the newly assigned custom domain throughout the database.
- Update your DNS to point to VIP: For a site to be accessible at the new custom domain, DNS for the domain must be updated with the DNS provider and pointed at VIP. DNS records for the domain should be updated with the values shown for either
A Records for root domains, or
CNAMErecords for subdomains. Follow the instructions from the domain’s DNS provider to add or update a new DNS entry. Once the DNS changes have been made, select the button labeled “Next”.
- Provision a certificate for your site: Any issues with the domain’s DNS settings will be reported in this panel. Once all issues are resolved and a domain’s DNS is correctly pointing to VIP, a TLS certificate can be installed. After a TLS certificate is installed, select the button labeled “Continue”.
- Launch your site: If the site has successfully completed site launch and is ready to receive public traffic, select “Mark as launched“. If the site is updated with the new site URL, but is not yet ready to receive public traffic, this step can be completed at a later time. All site launch settings completed prior to this step will be saved.
Last updated: January 18, 2024