In addition to the automated database backups that are generated for WordPress environments, a fresh backup can be created on demand. Some limitations are in place to the frequency and total number of backup files that can be created within a window of time.
Generate a fresh backup of an environment’s database in the application view of the VIP Dashboard:
- Select an environment from the environment dropdown located at the upper left of the VIP Dashboard.
- Select “Database” from the sidebar navigation at the left of the screen.
- Select “Database Backups” from the submenu.
- Select the button labeled “Backup Now” located above the list of available backups.
- In the “Are you sure you want to trigger a new backup?” modal, select “Confirm“.
- When it is ready, the generated on-demand database backup will be added to the top of the list of available backups. Backup files for larger databases will take a longer time to prepare.
vip export sql --
To generate and download a fresh backup of an environment’s database, pass the
--generate-backup option with the
vip export sql command.
vip @mytestsite.production export sql --
Last updated: December 22, 2023