On the WordPress VIP Platform:
- New environments are provisioned with a convenience domain.
- The convenience domain can be replaced with a custom domain. A custom domain must be added to the VIP Dashboard for a site’s environment and verified before it can be used for a site launch or sending emails.
- After adding the domain, the necessary settings for pointing the domain’s DNS to VIP can be retrieved from the VIP Dashboard.
- A TLS certificate is required for all domains that are mapped to a site receiving traffic on the VIP Platform.
- Either the
wwwvariant of your domain can be supported as the fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- In most cases domain mapping for WordPress multisite requires redirects to be configured.
- WordPress.com is a domain registration and DNS management option for sites hosted on the VIP Platform.
Last updated: February 22, 2024