The WordPress VIP Platform has container-based infrastructure that allows customers to run WordPress applications and Node.js applications on Automattic’s world-class hardware and network infrastructure. VIP looks after hourly platform backups and 24/7 monitoring for all applications.
- A GitHub repository is supplied for every application.
- Site content is served by the page cache from a global network of edge cache server locations.
- Media is served from the VIP File System, a globally distributed object store.
- All applications have a production environment. Non-production environments can be optionally provided for testing and development.
- Testing and developing WordPress code on a VIP Local Development Environment is encouraged.
The VIP Platform supports both WordPress single site and WordPress multisite installations of WordPress. WordPress application codebases consist of core WordPress, platform-specific VIP MU plugins, and an application’s custom code.
Last updated: December 22, 2023