Depending on the size and complexity of the code, a scheduled review may take several business days to complete. Customers should plan accordingly.
Manual code reviews can only be requested by a limited group of customers with legacy contracts and customers with a Premier Support package.
Scheduled reviews are only available for:
- Customers with legacy contracts and customers with a Premier Support package.
- A pull request that contains custom application code. Pull requests for third-party plugin code will receive automated scans and feedback by the VIP Code Analysis Bot. Customers can also scan third-party plugin code locally with PHPCS.
- A pull request that targets an application’s
productionbranch and has a
[VIP] Review Requestlabel applied to it.
Initiate a scheduled review
When a pull request with 1000 lines or more of reviewable code is received with the
[VIP] Review Request label, a VIP reviewer (not the customer) will add a
[Status] VIP Scheduled Review label to the pull request. The addition of this label will remove the pull request from the standard VIP review process.
In a comment on the pull request, the VIP reviewer will instruct the pull request author to create a VIP Support ticket for the review to be scheduled.
A customer can create the VIP Support ticket in advance if they know that their pull request will require scheduled review. In that case, a link to the Support ticket should be supplied in a comment of the pull request.
VIP can only schedule and begin the review process after a related VIP Support ticket has been created.
Information to include in the Support ticket
When requesting a scheduled review, the Support ticket should include the following information:
- A link to the pull request that requires a scheduled review.
- A brief description of the purpose of the code changes and what kind of feedback is desired. For example, if performance is the primary concern, please note that in the ticket.
- Indicate if only part of the pull request needs feedback. For example, note if only specific files or portions of files need to be reviewed.
- Indicate if the code can be changed due to the review. If the code under review cannot be changed, VIP may give feedback on the impact of the code rather than suggesting specific code changes.
Only after the Support ticket is received will VIP schedule a team member to review the contents of the pull request.
Last updated: February 08, 2024