The Usage panel is a reference for chargeable requests made by an Organization’s applications and an Organization’s plan details. WordPress VIP measures an Organization’s platform utilization with HTTP requests. An HTTP Request, also known as a web request, can be for HTML web pages, static resources such as images, JSON data sent by APIs, and more.
The Usage metrics panel is located in the Organization view of the VIP Dashboard.
Usage — Requests
The Usage — Requests panel provides access to historical chargeable request data for analysis no older than 5 December 2020.
To view the Usage — Requests panel, a user must have at minimum an Org member role.
To view a graph of “Chargeable requests”, select the “Requests” tab near the top of the Usage panel. By default, the data displayed in “Chargeable requests” graph is a sum total of all chargeable requests made over the last 30 days to all applications within an Organization.
- Chargeable requests (Application Requests and API Requests) are displayed by request category (“APP” and “API”) as well as a summary of both (“TOTAL”).
- “Allowance Avg.” represents the monthly allowed requests for an Organization’s account divided by the number of days in the filtered date range.
Requests by category
Application (App) Requests
- Count towards platform usage.
- Definition: Requests where the response has a content type of HTML or XHTML
- Examples: web page views, redirects, 404 Not Found, editorial activity
- Count towards platform usage.
- Definition: Requests where the response has a content type of JSON
- Examples: REST API, GraphQL API
- Do not count towards platform usage.
- Definition: Requests that don’t fall into the above definitions
Requests from within Automattic and VIP infrastructure do not count towards platform usage.
Filter Chargeable Requests data by day
Chargeable requests per day can be viewed by hovering over the displayed timeline graph.
Filter Chargeable Requests data by month
The most recent 30 days of Usage data is displayed by default. To access other monthly date range views:
- Select the drop down labeled “Show:“
- Select one of the listed available date ranges.
View Chargeable Requests by application
Two methods are available for viewing usage data for individual applications associated with an Organization.
- Select the date range drop down labeled “Application:“
- Select one of the applications listed in the dropdown
- An application can also be found by typing the app’s alias name in the available search field.
- Select one of the applications listed below the displayed timeline graph.
Sharing Usage metrics views
Filtered views of Usage data create unique URLs that can be copied from the browser address bar and shared with other users in the Organization with an Org member role or Org admin role.
Usage — Plan Details
Only users with an Org admin role can view the Usage — Plan Details panel.
To view an Organization’s plan details, select the “Plan Details” tab near the top of the Usage panel. Plan details are a summary of a customer’s contract with VIP, including “Uptime SLA”, “Code Review”, “Ticket SLA” and any “Add-Ons”.
Last updated: January 18, 2023