Users granted access to an organization’s VIP Dashboard are assigned one of three Org roles (in order of most privileges to least): admin, member, and guest.
- Intended for a member of the organization who requires the ability to manage user access for all other team members and the ability to manage all of the organization’s applications. Typically assigned to an organization’s account owner.
- Has all permissions for all of the organization’s applications.
- Intended for users that need to see more information than basic organization data, but do not necessarily need admin privileges to manage applications. Useful for members of an organization with a business role.
- Has some permissions for all of the organization’s applications.
- Intended for users that should only have access to a limited number of the organization’s applications.
- Has permission to log in to an organization’s VIP Dashboard with limited visibility. Other permissions are defined by the App role assigned to the user per application.
Assign an Org role
- Only users with an Org admin role can invite, remove, and manage user access levels for other users in the VIP Dashboard.
- If an organization currently has no users with the Org admin role, and existing users are unable to view certain features such as the organization’s Usage Plan Details, contact VIP Support for assistance.
By default, the Org “Member” role is selected for a user. Select an Org role (Admin, Member, or Guest) to assign access permission levels to the new users.
List of Org role permissions
|View all organizations a user has access to in My Organizations||Y||Y||Y|
|View an organization’s Primary Contacts||Y||Y||Y|
|View all of the organization’s applications||Y||Y|
|View a list of Database Backups||Y||Y|
|View Basic Authentication||Y||Y|
|View logs for Deployments to an environment||Y||Y|
|Retrieve a list of environment variables||Y||Y|
|View Health — Monitor and Health — Runtime Logs||Y||Y|
|View HSTS settings||Y||Y|
|View the IP Allow List||Y||Y|
|View a list of Network Sites on a WordPress multisite environment||Y||Y|
|View, add, edit, and remove all Notifications and Destinations||Y||Y|
|View Software Management settings of an environment||Y||Y|
|View a list of WP-CLI Commands run with VIP-CLI||Y||Y|
|View a list of an application’s events in the Audit Log||Y||Y|
|View a list of Media Backups||Y||Y|
|Perform a data sync||Y||Y|
|View detailed build logs for Deployments or roll back to a previous deployment||Y||Y|
|View, add, edit, and remove an environment’s domains||Y||Y|
|Start a database import to an environment||Y||Y|
|Start a media import to an environment||Y||Y|
|Abort a media import||Y||Y|
|Check the status of the current or most recent media import or database import||Y||Y|
|Launch a site on a WordPress environment||Y||Y|
|Update the Software Management settings||Y||Y|
|Manage a domain’s custom TLS certificate||Y||Y|
|Manage a domain’s Let’s Encrypt TLS certificate||Y||Y|
|Run WP-CLI commands with VIP-CLI||Y||Y|
|View the organization’s Usage — Requests||Y||Y|
|Enable, update, and disable Database Backup Shipping||Y|
|Generate or download a Database Backups file||Y|
|Download a Media Backups file||Y|
|Add a new user to Basic Authentication||Y|
|Edit user credentials for Basic Authentication||Y|
|Delete a user in Basic Basic Authentication||Y|
|Add, update, and delete an environment variable||Y|
|View Health — Slow Query Logs||Y|
|Enable, update, and disable HSTS||Y|
|Purge URLs from the page cache||Y|
|Add an IP to the IP Allow List||Y|
|Delete an IP from the IP Allow List||Y|
|Enable, update, and disable HTTP request Log Shipping||Y|
|Invite users to the organization||Y|
|Delete invitations for users||Y|
|Remove a user from an organization completely||Y|
|Add, update, and remove Org roles and App roles for users in the organization||Y|
|View an organization’s Usage — Plan Details||Y|
Last updated: August 03, 2023