Database backups for WordPress environments can be viewed and downloaded in the application view of the VIP Dashboard and with VIP-CLI. Database backups are useful for internal security policies, to automate regular data ingestion for analysis systems, and can be imported to local development environments.
- Databases for production environments are backed up every hour, including custom tables, and non-production databases are backed up daily.
- The hourly backups of a production environment are available for download within the most recent three days (72 hours). Beyond that time frame, daily backups are available for download.
- Backups are encrypted at rest before being replicated to Amazon AWS S3 utilizing encryption in transit and retained for 30 days.
- Backup SQL database download files are in a gzip-compressed plain text format with the file extension
- For WordPress multisite, only backup copies of the main network site (ID 1) will include the multisite global tables of the database (e.g.,
- Database backup copies for specific tables will include data for the requested tables, and commented out lines for all other tables that exist in the database.
Last updated: August 31, 2023