To access the VIP Dashboard, a user must be invited to an organization and have an Org role assigned to them for that organization. Invitations are created based on a user’s email address, and a user’s email address can be invited to the VIP Dashboard by more than one organization. After accepting an invitation, users can log into the VIP Dashboard with multi-factor authentication.
The access permissions assigned to a user in the VIP Dashboard define that user’s ability to view, manage, or trigger actions on applications and environments in the VIP Dashboard and with VIP-CLI. Access permissions for the VIP Dashboard and VIP-CLI are defined by the Org role that is assigned to a user. Users that are assigned an Org guest role must also have App role access permissions assigned to them per-application.
- To log in to the VIP Dashboard, a user must have at minimum an Org guest role with one VIP organization.
- Only users with an Organization (Org) admin role have the ability to invite new users, edit user permissions, or remove a user’s access to an organization’s VIP Dashboard.
- A list of users and their assigned Org and App roles can be reviewed in the People panel in the Organization view of the VIP Dashboard.
- Events related to creating, modifying, and removing user access to the VIP Dashboard are logged in an organization’s Audit Log.
- Access to an application’s GitHub repository is not required to access an organization’s VIP Dashboard.
Last updated: August 03, 2023