- New environments on the VIP Platform are provisioned with a convenience domain for use during initial development and to facilitate pre-launch tasks. The convenience domain will be a subdomain of
- To ensure your site is as secure as possible, we do not allow launched production sites to use the convenience domain and you must procure a custom domain (e.g.
example.com), before your site launches.
- Non-production sites on VIP Go can continue to use the
go-vip.coconvenience subdomain, which is covered by a wildcard TLS certificate. All sites using this convenience subdomain are set to the whole-site HTTPS option described above, with all HTTP traffic being redirected to HTTPS; this cannot be changed.
- Non-production environments are highly encouraged to use a mapped domain (e.g.
- Sub-subdomains of the convenience domain are not currently supported.
Last updated: September 01, 2021