Health – Runtime Logs
Runtime Logs provides an aggregated, near real-time view into recent application logs generated by WordPress and Node.js environments on VIP Cloud.
Runtime Logs for an environment are available in the application view of the VIP Dashboard in the Health panel. Select the “Runtime Logs” tab in the top area of the panel to review recently fetched Runtime Logs.
Runtime Logs can also be retrieved in the command line using VIP-CLI.
Review more details about Runtime Logs and existing limitations.
To access the Health — Runtime Logs panel, a user must have at minimum an Org member role or an App write role for that application.
To access the Health — Runtime Logs panel:
- Navigate to the VIP Dashboard for an application.
- Select “Health” from the sidebar navigation at the left of the screen.
- Select the tab labeled “Runtime Logs” near the top of the Health panel.
The Health — Runtime Logs panel is environment-specific (e.g., Production, Develop). A different environment can be selected from the dropdown located at the upper left of the VIP Dashboard application view.
Display setting options
A new set of Runtime Logs is fetched based on default settings when the “Runtime Logs” view of the Health panel is first loaded. The view of the logs can be adjusted by updating the setting options listed below.
- Select the Type of logs to view from the dropdown selector at the upper left hand corner of the panel.
- Application Logs are displayed by default for both WordPress and Node.js environments. Application Logs are from web containers (i.e. log entries generated by HTTP requests)
- Batch Logs are only available for WordPress environments. They from batch containers (i.e. log entries generated by cron tasks or WP-CLI commands)
- Auto-fetch new logs is enabled by default. When enabled, new logs are retrieved every 30 seconds and will be automatically appended to the list of logs displayed in the browser. Updated information reporting the number of appended logs and the time the last auto-fetch occurred is displayed below the list of logs.
- Filter the logs displayed by entering a string value into the search field in the upper right of the Runtime Logs panel.
Up to 100 log entries will be displayed at one time.
Download the displayed logs
A CSV file of the current logs displayed—based on any selected settings—can be downloaded to the user’s local machine. Select the button labeled “Download as CSV” located in the upper right of the Health “Runtime Logs” panel.
Last updated: April 04, 2023