In order for content creators and developers to interact with an application hosted on the VIP WordPress Platform, user accounts may need to be created for them. User access management (i.e., adding, removing, and editing user accounts) for most accounts are under the customer’s governance.
For security reasons, it is recommended that customers remove a user’s access to accounts related to an application as soon as that user’s access is no longer needed. It is the customer’s responsibility to remove account access—or to create a VIP Support ticket to remove a user’s access from Zendesk or New Relic—as soon as possible.
Managed by the customer
User access management for the following accounts are the customer’s responsibility:
- VIP Dashboard: Access to the VIP Dashboard and VIP-CLI.
- GitHub: Access to an application’s wpcomvip GitHub repository.
- WordPress: Access to the WordPress Admin dashboard of a site hosted on the VIP Platform.
Managed by VIP Support
User access management for the following accounts require assistance from VIP Support:
- New Relic: Access to view an existing New Relic dashboard for an application’s environments.
- Zendesk: Access to Zendesk in order to create a Support ticket on behalf of an organization.
Last updated: August 03, 2023