Professional Service Upgrade
Customers who add WordPress VIP Launch Day Services to their support package will have a Technical Account Manager (TAM) assigned to them to ensure a smooth launch for their site on the VIP Platform. VIP TAMs will draft and confirm a launch plan for the site, guide customers through the necessary steps leading up to and including the site launch, and advise customers on any last-minute issues that may arise.
Launch a site in the VIP Dashboard
- Navigate to the VIP Dashboard for an application.
- Select the environment for the site launch (e.g., Production, Develop) from the dropdown located at the upper left of the VIP Dashboard application view.
- Select the button labeled “Launch your site” in the upper left of the VIP Dashboard screen.
- In the “Launch your site” panel, at least one custom domain should be listed as available under “Add your domain to production”. Select “Next” if the correct custom domain appears as expected, or return to the prepare for launch steps complete the steps to add the custom domain for the launch.
- Below “Set your primary domain”, select a custom domain to assign as the primary domain for this site launch. Select “Make Primary” to continue.
- The self-launch tool will then begin a
search-replaceon the database that will replace the convenience domain with the newly assigned custom domain.
Complete the site launch by following the prompts in the “Launch your site” panel, or follow a more detailed guide for completing a site launch.
Last updated: September 12, 2023