Parse.ly is a content analytics platform that gives creators, marketers, and developers the tools to understand content performance and prove content value.
Features accessible to all VIP customers
When wp-parsely is enabled on a site, data is collected to inform features such as the Content Helper and the Recommendations Block. As historical data collection for a site grows over time, Parse.ly features provide content creators more valuable insights on the performance of their content.
The Content Helper is integrated with the WordPress Admin post editor and provides content creators with real-time insights on the post or page they are currently editing. The Parse.ly Content Helper highlights:
- Past performance for published posts
- Related Top Posts in the WordPress editor
- Parse.ly analytics data when viewing posts in a list view
- Parse.ly analytics data in a WordPress dashboard widget
Features accessible only with a paid Parse.ly contract
- Parse.ly Dashboard: The Parse.ly Dashboard is where the collected data for a site is visualized. The dashboard provides content analytics and insights, and users can access real-time or historical data to learn more about content performance via a number of aspects.
- Parse.ly Data Pipeline (DPL): The Parse.ly Data Pipeline makes it possible to access real-time user interaction data that can be used to build in-house analytics websites or mobile applications.
- Parse.ly API: The Parse.ly Analytics API is AI-powered and provides multiple endpoints for customers to access their analytics data, metrics, metadata, and recommendations.
VIP customers interested in finding out more about the Parse.ly Dashboard and other features available with a paid Parse.ly contract should reach out to their Relationship Manager or submit a demo request.
Version updates and maintenance
Versions of wp-parsely on VIP Platform WordPress environments are managed by VIP MU plugins. By default, the production branch of VIP MU plugins will always deploy the most current version of wp-parsely.
Advance notice and details of upcoming wp-parsely releases are posted in the VIP Lobby. An upcoming version of wp-parsely is made available on the staging branch of VIP MU plugins where it can be tested on non-production environments. The staging branch of VIP MU plugins can be configured to deploy to a non-production environment in the Software Versions panel of the VIP Dashboard.
Last updated: October 24, 2023