- The default maximum upload size for media files on VIP Go is 1GB. We can upload a file size of up to 2GB for specific use cases; if that’s something your team needs, please get in touch with your requirements and we’d be happy to help.
- VIP Go images serve files relative to the
home_urlof the site, so images will be on the same domain as your site. This is unlike Photon, that serves through a subdomain of
- VIP Go always has access to all images, so the cache can be updated without a request being made, which is unlike Photon.
- VIP Go images can support HTTPS images.
- If possible, we advise not to provide intermediate images when exporting content for a migration. This can make the export much smaller (up to 95% of the size can be saved), and the import proportionally quicker.
- Image metadata is not stripped by default, but you can add logic to strip image metadata on upload.
Last updated: April 09, 2021