VIP is here to help when you have a technical issue that needs investigating. The best way to report a problem is to head over to your support dashboard, and submit a ticket. By following the guidelines below, you enable our team to troubleshoot and investigate your issue quickly and efficiently. If the ticket submitted has insufficient information, the feedback cycle time for resolving the issue increases.
- In the body of your request, include the domain name(s) that correspond to the VIP Go environment you are referring to.
- Please open up a new ticket for each individual request.
We reserve “Urgent” tickets for times when there are important security issues or your site cannot be accessed. Please refrain from using the “Urgent” indicator otherwise.
Prior to submitting a ticket
Please collect the following information:
- What steps have you taken to investigate this issue so far?
- What have you determined from looking at New Relic?
- What have you determined from using the Query Monitor?
- Is the site down for everyone, or just you?
- Have you isolated advertisements or other third-party content as possible sources of the problem?
- Have your developers replicated this issue on non-production environments?
Submitting a ticket
Please send along the information gathered in the previous step, along with:
- URLs affected: front end, wp-admin, or both?
- Steps to replicate the issue – this very important so we can start analyzing the problem right away.
- Description of issue + supporting screenshots, error messages, and support details if applicable.
- What is the expected behavior?
- How does the actual behavior differ from the expectation?
- Timings of issue occurrence.
- Impact/number of users affected?
Additional and supporting information
- Which network are affected users on? (e.g. office, home, mobile)
- Which browser(s) is the issue appearing on?
- If one user, what is the user’s source IP? http://whatismyip.akamai.com/
- If only a few users (less than 5), usernames of the affected users?
- Have there been recent deployments?
- Have there been network changes on your side? (e.g. DNS if applicable or internal network)
- A traceroute and HTTP headers
- HAR file for the failing or problematic requests
- Screen share or videos demonstrating the issue