- New environments on the VIP Platform are provisioned with a convenience domain for use during initial development and to facilitate pre-launch tasks. The convenience domain will be a subdomain of
- To ensure the site is as secure as possible, VIP does not allow sites on a production environment to launch with the convenience domain. Sites must be launched with a custom domain (e.g.
- Non-production sites on the VIP Platform can continue to use the
go-vip.coconvenience subdomain, which is covered by a wildcard TLS certificate. All sites using this convenience subdomain are set to the whole-site HTTPS, with all HTTP traffic being redirected to HTTPS; this cannot be changed.
- Non-production environments are also highly encouraged to replace the convenience domain with a custom domain (e.g.
- Sub-subdomains of the convenience domain are not supported.
Last updated: August 18, 2022