Pull requests with changes that affect more than 1000 lines of code require a scheduled review. It is possible to bypass the requirement for a scheduled review (or speed up a manual review) by breaking a larger pull request into multiple, smaller pull requests.
A suggested workflow for creating smaller pull requests:
- Check out a new branch off of the main production branch.
- Check out one of the changes from the branch used in the large pull request.
- Push this change to the new branch.
- Commit and push up the new branch.
- Create a new pull request from this branch targeting the main production branch.
- Continue to do this until all of the changes found in the original large pull request are now included in the smaller pull requests.
Last updated: October 30, 2022