Automattic is the author of a large number and wide variety of plugins, available through the WordPress.org plugin repository. Of these, the Automattic-authored plugins added most often to WordPress sites on the VIP Platform are:
- WooCommerce: A free, highly customizable ecommerce plugin. Customers are encouraged to review the supplementary documentation for running WooCommerce the VIP Platform.
- Co-Authors Plus: Enable multiple author bylines to be assigned to posts, pages, and custom post types.
- VIP Go Geo Uniques: Tailor the content served to site visitors on a country-by-country basis.
- Comprehensive Sitemaps: Includes all of a site’s entries in a sitemap. Designed to avoid memory and timeout problems when rendering heavy sitemap pages with a large number of posts.
- Edit Flow: Collaborate with an editorial team within WordPress. Features include custom statuses, a calendar, editorial comments, and more.
- Live Blog: Enables a site to host live event coverage to a large, distributed audience.
- Maintenance Mode: Make a site temporarily inaccessible to public traffic until site maintenance is complete. A customized page template and messaging can be served to users while the plugin is enabled.
- Syndication: Syndicate content to and from WordPress sites.
- WP.com Legacy Redirector: Create redirects for old, or legacy, URLs that now return 404 HTTP response status codes.
- Zoninator: Display curated groupings of related stories on a WordPress site.
Just like any third-party plugin, when considering an Automattic-authored plugin carefully evaluate and test the suitability of the plugin’s functions and compatibility with a site’s custom application code before enabling the plugin on production. VIP cannot guarantee that an Automattic-authored plugin will be compatible with a customer’s site.
Last updated: August 03, 2023